Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Thankful.


I have always been thankful for my family, but more so lately!

Matt works at a Mental Health Facility working with abused children from the ages of 3-18. He told me of this one kid (who he never dealt with) who was abused pretty badly, he was tied to the toilet from the age of around 12 months until he was taken in by the state. His parents (or caregiver) would throw his food in the toilet and his only source of water was the toilet water. Needless to say, he never had interaction so when he was 6 he still wasn't talking and was always on all fours begging and barking like a dog.

It's stories like these that make me go to my kids and hug and kiss them over and over again, thankful they are my children! I am thankful that Heavenly Father gave them to me.

I think of situations like the one I gave above of abuse and think about what Heavenly Father thinks of it all! I get all balled up inside and want to literally kill these sickos who abuse children like that. But I know God is perfect! He has everything planned out.

Have you kissed your kids lately just because your thankful for them? It does wonders to their soul! :o)

1 comment:

Paige said...

True. True. TRUE!!!

They're the best!

Facebook Badge