Friday, June 25, 2010

A feeling of accomplishment!


For his 5th Birthday, Gabriel received a Cars puzzle book from one of our friends. He ate it up! He wanted to do those puzzles all hours of the day.

Soon he tackled 25 pieces, then we bought him a 48 piece puzzle. He figured them out within hours!
We were at Target and saw a 100 piece puzzle and thought "Maybe...just maybe." He picked out the puzzle he wanted. We got home and Matt helped him the first time. Gabriel actually figured it out really fast! He was pacing along with Matt.

Today he completed that 100 piece puzzle ALL by himself! It took him 2 hours to accomplish (it would have taken less time, if Brooke didn't keep pestering him).
He was so proud of himself and his accomplishment!
I must say, I'm extremely proud of him, too! It makes me cringe just looking at that puzzle (I'm not a puzzle person).

Soon, maybe sooner than we think, he will work up to 1,000 piece puzzles! For that, Matt will have fun helping out!

1 comment:

The Roz's said...

Gabriel is so awesome! We have a puzzle book similar to the one we gave Gabriel for his birthday. When he was here playing one day, I could tell he just loved that puzzle book. So I got him one for his birthday. Glad it worked out!
I love watching kids learn how to do something, that amazing 'ah ha!' moment when they understand.
Way to go Gabriel!

Facebook Badge