Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A new, healthier way of living!

We have always wanted to buy one of these awesome blenders, but never had the resources to do so. We are big into eating organic, all natural foods, trying to eliminate as much processed foods out of our diets as possible.
Lately, Mat has been having horrible, painful heartburn that won't go away with tums. He has an appointment with a doctor soon. He thinks a lot of what he has been eating has been contributing to his heartburn. So, we went online and ordered this beauty!

If you don't know a lot about the vitamix, let me give you a brief summary:
It makes soups (yes, it spins THAT fast so the food gets hot enough)
It makes ice cream (yup....ice cream)
It makes dough (then put it in a pan and make bread)
It makes cake batter
It grinds grains into powder
It makes any type of food you want!
You can eat 3 times a day using this vitamix!
It makes applesauce (you just cut the apples and put it straight into the mixer...seeds, stem and all)

That's just a few things it does! I can't wait to use this thing! I can't wait to get back on track with health!

2 comments:

The Giles Files said...

Those things are so cool. My brother just got one of those. Just a little bit jealous :)

I have heartburn. Horrible heartburn. Water gives me heartburn. I think it's from stress. I am trying hard to get rid of the stress, but that just makes more stress! :)

When the acid comes up in the esophagus, it can irritate the lining. Then when it keeps coming up, it's more painful because that acid is hitting the already irritated lining that hasn't had time to heal - which can create a problem. He might need something like a PPI (proton pump inhibitor) which keeps the stomach from making as much acid. (which helps keep it from coming up) If it is because of what he is eating, he should only have to take it for a few weeks, to allow his body to heal the irritated lining. The change of diet should do the rest. If it is because of stress...well that is a different story. :)

Prevacid (generic name: lansoprazole) and Prilosec (omeprazole) are both PPI's that can be bought over the counter now. I know it's not "all natural", but they're pretty safe.

Ginger can help. Sleeping at a 35-45% incline can help too.

Why do I know so much about this? I have been dealing with it for the last 2 years. Sigh.

Kira: said...

Sounds great. I love making natural homemade food.

I've started working from home an membership enroller for Melaleuca- they make all natural household products: cleaning supplies, laundry detergent, etc. plus vitamins, toothpaste, shampoo, etc. It all works really well and it's nice not to have the dangerous toxic chemicals in the house. My mom is using one of their supplements, and since she started taking it she's stopped getting UTIs, which is a great relief.

I hope Mat finds some relief soon. I've had some stomach problems too, and it's really unpleasant!

Hope you're doing well!

Facebook Badge