Thursday, November 13, 2008

Heritage...



So lately I have been interested in my heritage. My Grandmother on my dad's side is 100% Lithuanian (used to be part of Russia...but then split into their own little country). Well....I have ALWAYS hated my big bones and being tall and my high cheek bones. So I looked up online to see what Russian women look like....and there I was!! I never knew how much I looked like a Russian! I thought Russians were these tiny women, but only a small percentage of women are tiny! A majority of Russian have big bones, high cheek bones and THICK lips! So needless to say, I have more respect for myself and the way I look. I have even started to learn Russian...( I know, it's HARD) It is a hard language to learn, but I need to start somewhere! I so wish my grandma knew Russian and then taught it to me so I could be fluent in it!!!

I just thought it was really neat how much I look like a Russian! I love my Heritage!

No comments:

Facebook Badge