Monday, October 5, 2009

Update on Life!

Since it's been FOREVER since my last post, I'd thought I would update all of you on what's going on in life.

We arrived here in Arizona August 20th, and despite people warning us of the horrible heat, it's actually not that bad!! Humid heat is worse then this heat! Sure, you get burned within a min. of standing out in the sun, but when your in the shade you don't feel how hot it is outside! We moved into our home with the help of some friends (actually my ex-boyfriend and his wife and some of their friends) Only 4 people helped out, and if it wasn't for them we would have been in a WORLD of hurt! And yes, it was awkward having an ex of mine come help out, although we are still good friends, it kind of made Matt feel weird. We were still thankful none the less!
It has been a struggle being here. Matt was supposed to start a job and then they called up and told him that there wasn't enough people to put more staff on (Mental Health Hospital). So, here we were, with only a little bit of money and bills already needing to be paid. Thankfully Matt started a job this past week at a Mental Health Hospital working with adults....working night shifts! I hate night shifts, but it will do for now :o)
Being here has definitely been a testimony builder! It's also taught me humility...and I lot of it! We went to the Temple a few weeks ago, both Matt and I got an impression that everything was going to be OK. We have been feeling this for some time now, and I have even gotten blessings telling me that I will have everything I need (i.e. new car, new home, clothes, food...etc.) So all I have to do is have faith.

Updates on kids:
Gabriel~ He's talking more and more. He's also becoming more and more bossy. He's my little organizer and he's OCD already! Example: We have vertical blinds over our sliding glass door and when they get stuck and are not lined up perfectly he asks if he can fix the blinds....but of course, being the mother that I am I tell him no! I let him sit there for a while and then tell him to fix it :o) lol He's such a big helper! He's going to be a great big brother!! He will teach the other kids the right morals!

Brooke~ She's a total mommy's girl. She wants to do EVERYTHING with me. Lately she has been showering with me because she just loves copying everything I do. Example: When I'm done showering I run the bath so I can shave my legs (too much info? sorry, deal with it) So, when I shave she does the same thing, but she uses her hand as the razor...too cute! Ever since she was, I would say 2, she always wanted to put makeup on, so I bought her her own lip gloss, she opens and shuts that thing all the time. It even has a little mirror on it, and she puts the gloss on and looks in that little mirror and purses her lips together. Such a mommy's girl!

Tristan~ He's a mommy's boy!! He is the most loving and sweetest child we have had (Don't get me wrong, my other 2 were extremely sweet also, but he is different) He always hugs and kisses us. He also puts stuff that needs to go in the trash in the trash! He helps to clean up toys as well. I've always had a very strong connection to him ever since I knew I was pregnant with him (that's why I thought I was having a girl for the longest time) He's spoiled by me, there's no denying that and Matt gets a little irritated at times, but he can deal with it :o) He's a fast learner, but maybe that's because he's the 3rd child and sees Gabriel and Brooke do things that he wants to do. He was walking at 10 months and he's talking more and more :o)

Updates on Us:

Matt~ He's working full time and going to school full time, what a guy! He's also running his business full time! He teaches piano and voice. Good things will happen because of this business, I just know it!

Me~ I'm staying at home with the kids full time! I have been wanting to go back to school come this Spring. I will be going into Photography :o) I'm so very very excited!!!! I've also been into saving money. I've found some sites that keep you updated on what store is having sales. It's nice!

That's about it for now! I can't wait to see what the rest of this year has in store for the Armstrong's!! Optimism is my main goal :o)

No comments:

Facebook Badge