Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A new baby.


Elise was born with what's called "tongue tied". Nothing serious, it's just she couldn't stick her tongue out, put her tongue at the roof of her mouth or suck like she was supposed to.
I decided to get it clipped so she wouldn't have problems talking later.

I felt like the worst mother ever having made that decision. I didn't know what to expect. I read about how they clip it in the office and how horrible the experience was. I was dreading it, but so thankful I had Matt there every step of the way (Brooke was there too, she was such a great big sister).
It took a total of 2 min. to clip it. They numbed it with a gel like they would before you get a Novocain, then a few min. later they clipped it! It was so simple and (dare I say, easy). She bled for a few seconds and that was it! Done! New tongue!

Elise has been moving her tongue around like crazy since getting it done, she has even stuck it out a few times.

Now that it's over with, I feel like the best mother ever :o)

No comments:

Facebook Badge