Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Grateful


(Joplin Hospital)

Joplin, MO was hit by a horrible and deadly tornado Sunday May, 22.
I was in Springfield, MO that day and had to drive through Joplin to get back home.

I left Springfield at 5:30 pm because I saw black clouds overhead, so I thought it would be better to leave now, then half an hour later as I originally planned. Little did I know that those black clouds were tornado clouds that followed me all the way to Kansas City.

I'm in complete shock and awe because if I did leave half an hour later I could have been caught up in that storm. It's an eerie feeling!

My heart goes out to all those affected by that tornado. 89 (as of yesterday) people have been reported dead. This is I think one of the top 10 deadliest disasters! Another top 10 happened a month or two ago. I pray they find some comfort in this horrible tragedy!

For whatever reason I left half an hour earlier, I'm grateful! I've always wanted to see a tornado, but only in the comforts of my home, not on the highway in my car!

1 comment:

Kira: said...

Glad you're safe! what a scary week in the midwest!!

Facebook Badge