Sunday, January 3, 2010

Talents


I have come to realize lately that I am in love with playing the piano! Sure, I'm no Mozart, or anything close! I've played the piano since I was 8, but was never really taught the right techniques. I was turned off by piano playing because I was never taught correctly.

It wasn't until I met Matthew that this all changed. I knew from the moment he played the piano for me over the phone that this was who I was going to marry (well...add in some other experiences...). He was the best piano player I'd ever heard up until that point and was awestruck at how amazing he was at it.

We then got married and moved out to Oklahoma and took some college courses together. One of which was piano. Dr. Hyunsoon Whang was my piano teacher who was/is one of the most fiery people I've met. I progressed so fast in that 2 months of being there. I was playing stuff I never thought I would play! I continued, and still continue to better my skills on the piano.

The Lord has given me a talent and I need to use it to the best of my ability. I am thankful for that talent. I love the piano and how much peace it brings to my soul and the peace it brings into our home.

1 comment:

Excellent Parent said...

Do what makes your heart happy! Its such an amazing outlet! Bless you!

Facebook Badge