Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Life.

My mom came down to visit for a week and a half and she left today, which I'm pretty upset about, she was such a big help! I'm going to miss having her around to help out, but I can't have her here forever, I need to do things on my own with 3 kids....which I'm finding out is harder then I thought it would be. Maybe it will get better when Tristan gets older.

We have finally hit a point where Gabriel and Brooke are acting out because of the new baby here. I'm not too sure if it's because of Tristan or because my mom was here and they knew they could get away with everything in the world, but Brooke keeps hitting Gabriel with anything she can find...and she instigates EVERYTHING! I know she's doing it to get more attention, I knew it would come to this...and I was bracing myself...but I thought it would come earlier then this, so I let my guard down. We will see how it all works out now that my mom is gone. Our whole routine was thrown off due to the whole pre labor and then having Tristan and then when my mom came, so once we get back on a schedule I hope things will be better.

Well...once again I hit a brick wall in my breastfeeding. When Tristan was born he never really latched on properly, and my nipples were and still are so very sore and at the beginning were bleeding because he didn't know how to suck. I completely balled my eyes out the first time I had to feed him formula, because I was doing so well and then one night I just couldn't satisfy him.
Since then I've been having to supplement, so I start him off on me and then when I can't satisfy him I give him formula. I went to the WIC department yesterday and they gave me a really high tech pump...and it's doing the job. I think because Tristan doesn't really know how to latch on, my milk supply has been diminishing and pumping has helped out. I'm still bracing myself for failure, but I'm hoping I can exclusively breastfeed (or pump and feed him through the bottle).

Things here in the Armstrong household have been going pretty well....there has been some stress on my part and some extreme mood swings but things have been going good :) and I hope they get even better.

No comments:

Facebook Badge