Tuesday, April 22, 2008

24 weeks

Well, it’s been 24 weeks thus far.

These past few days have been less then fun! I’ve had this cold/flu/congestion thing going on, where my head feels like it’s being squeezed and my ears are all clogged, and my teeth hurt because my sinuses are blocked :( o0o0o and I can’t talk...I really sound like a smoker.
Last night was just horrible! I went shopping when I guess I shouldn’t have, and it took a toll on my body. I was having contractions (or braxton-hicks) from after dinner until late in the night...and I know they were contractions because everytime my stomach tightened, Elijah would go bizerk! I remember when I was in labor with my other 2....they would do the same thing...go crazy everytime my uterus would contract! I didn’t call the doctor because I know it was because I overdid myself, and all the doctor would do is do a stress test...spend hours at the hospital...and then send me home telling me to not oever do myself....it’s happened before, I know it would happen again.

This baby likes being on my right side for some odd reason. Last week I had horrible pains shooting down my leg due to the fact that he likes it over there, and was pushing on my sciatic nerve....not fun!

I’ve been REALLY tired lately. Thankfully I have great kids who sleep in until 7:30-8:00 am, I don’t know what I would do if they woke up at 5 or 6 am, and on top of that, I take naps EVERY day! Matthew is good to me and takes care of the kids if they wake up from their nap to let me finish my nap :) I sleep WAYYYYYY more then Matthew does, he makes fun of me because I do...but I know he’s jealous that I sleep more then him though ;)

I’ve still been REALLY emotional lately. This past weekend, Matthew had FTX (Field Training Exercise) for ROTC and was gone Friday Saturday and came home Sunday morning, but Friday night I cried myself to sleep because I missed him so much!! It’s really pathetic. I’m the type that HATES being alone, I have to have someone around me all the time....sometimes I like my alone time, as long as someone is at calling distance. I guess you could say I’m dependant on Matthew....it sounds worse then it is...or maybe not. I don’t know what I would do if he got called to Iraq or something bad happened to him. All I know...is I’ve been over emotional, and I really shouldn’t have balled myself to sleep....I didn’t Saturday, but Friday was extra emotional!

Anyway....besides being sick, this pregnancy is going great. Elijah is a little gymnast constantly. I think he’s going to be a fiesty one...Brooke was like this in the womb and she is one fiesty girl! We shall see :)

No comments:

Facebook Badge